Sunday 13 October 2013

Before I could bring the roses, I needed to make their bed...

Good soil is the most important thing about gardens.  Like sleeping in a great bed, we get the best rest and the most health... same for plants...

So, I added some Biosol by Fafard (marine compost - 2-1-1) just to give the plants an extra boost.  My local garden centre guru said when he added it to his tomatoes, his kids wouldn't go near them - they grew so fast and so huge, they thought they were magic.....

So who am I to argue with success? When I transplanted, I added bone meal and Biosol, to the bottom of the hole, which I then filled with water and planted.  So far, in three moves, I have lost perhaps 3 or 4 plants.  Pretty amazing when there must be 75 plants…  yikes!

You could add your own compost and some good triple-mix... just make sure you add what your plants need to get off on the right foot.

(By the way, Fafard recently changed the name from Biosol to Sea Compost because folks were asking for sea compost.... smart marketing, right?

www.fafard.com



No comments:

Post a Comment