Sunday 13 October 2013


What to do next?


 I studied the spaces, the light, the soil, the conditions - all before I could decide what was going to be planted where. My poor plants..  This would be their third move in three years.  Life has a funny way of humbling one into making decisions on the fly - circumstances forced 3 moves in quick succession.

This time my plants would pack their bags again too.

But - this time, we'd be staying for good.  Goodness, so much to do before I could begin to put shovel to earth.


In the early Spring, this is how the  garden - that belonged to someone else - looked.



The front sunny corner (at midday) is on the north side.  There is a Bridal Wreath Spirea (Spiraea prunifolia) hedge on the right that looked marvelous in bloom, a small Japanese Maple (Acer palmatum) in the first photo, surrounded by Perennial Geranium (Cranesbill). 



And, now the work begins.....

No comments:

Post a Comment