Sunday 13 October 2013



Here we are - back to October and a load of topsoil has been dumped and the ’boys’ have shoveled it onto the ‘bed I have designed.

The  new bed had a  bit of shape (to be finessed the next Spring) and my wee Braveheart had a new bed and a new bed-partner… a Pee Gee Hydrangea that Canadian Tire was selling for half the normal price.  I love a bargain, don’t you? And wow, is it lovely !





Poor Braveheart (BH) lost a branch or two in the process over the summer.  One day I caught the 'otherwise-careful-carpenter' sawing a board that hung over the end of his saw-horse and bruised and broke a nice side branch.
I had a lot of explaining to do to BH because I had promised when he was moved here, he would be safe… sigh.   I had words with the carpenter and so far, BH was doing fine and lost his pout.

Besides, now he at least he had grass in front and a new bed of good soil. I spent 7 or 8 hours digging out the wicked crab grass to prep the ground for topsoil and sod. (See blog "Weed it and Reap")




What a miserable job.  Those crab grass roots were stubborn and the tops spread out like they owned the place.  

Another week and I would be bringing all my roses to the new bed.... Lots of roses  - 40, in fact - on the road for the last time.


No comments:

Post a Comment